Today Microsoft announced a new Release Candidate for their SharePoint Server 2016 and Project Server 2016 platforms. Since the announcement of their SharePoint Server 2016 Beta 2 release in November, over 5,000 clients have downloaded and used this new platform and have provided valuable feedback to Microsoft. This recent release is a culmination of that feedback and these latest updates:
- Enhanced IT: Unprecedented flexibility in deploying on-premises, cloud or hybrid scenarios. Enhanced security with simplified configuration and administration policies for IT professionals.
- Consistent Development: Unified development experience across server and cloud with modern APIs. Developers have new ways (simpler, more robust APIs) to create contextual solutions for all Office software and services, reaching various organizations utilizing the service.
- Better User Productivity: Better mobile access and touch-based experiences across multiple screen sizes and devices. Mobile access to content, people and applications with hybrid integration into Office 365.
SharePoint Server 2016 is Microsoft’s most reliable, secure and scalable server release. This service gives organizations access to Microsoft’s Cloud offerings like OneNote, OneDrive for Business, Yammer and Office 365, while maintaining on-premise applications and security of content.
In the Spring of 2016 customers can look forward to wide availability of SharePoint Server 2016 and Project Server 2016. If you are interested in trying this mostly feature complete release, it is available for download today. What features would you like to see addded in future updates? Let us know in the comments.
In this story stream:
- Rumor: Windows 10 Mobile release may be delayed until ‘late…
- Join Skype at the X Games Aspen 2016
- Skype for Android updated, you can now schedule calls using…