Requirements: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Overview: iCab Mobile is a web browser for the iOS. It provides many unique and useful features you won’t find in other iPhone browsers.
The Watch App is a remote control for iCab Mobile, so you can navigate, zoom, scroll, open bookmarks, links, the homepage, switch tabs or sitch on/off the fullscreen mode. it is also possible to let iCab read a web site using speech output.
iCab Mobile can upload any files on web pages, like uploading photos on flickr.com or Facebook.com. Due to limitations of the iOS this does not everywhere, but it works fine on many web sites.
iCab Mobile comes with several default search engines you can choose from. You can easily add new search engines. Search suggestions from google and yahoo can be activated on the iPad. It’s also possible to search within a web page.
FILLING OUT FORMS:
iCab Mobile can save web forms and restore the form content later (manually or automatically). The saved forms data can be password protected.
There’s a built-in and customizable URL-based filter. The default filters block many advertising banners. You can edit, add or remove filters. It’s possible to switch off images to save bandwidth.
iCab Mobile supports Tabs, so you can open multiple web pages at the same time. Links can be opened in Tabs (in the foreground or background) manually or automatically. iCab can save the tabs when quitting so these can be loaded even when being offline, the next time the App is launched.
Bookmarks can be organized in folders. You can import/export the bookmarks from/to your PC/Mac browser. Bookmarks can be also saved as « Offline Bookmarks » which can be even opened without an internet connection.
iCab Mobile provides a fullscreen mode where the whole screen is used to display the web page. No screen space is wasted for toolbars.
iCab Mobile has a built-in Téléchargement Manager so you can download almost all files from the internet. The downloads can be easily transfered to a Mac/PC/Linux computer but also to other Apps on the device which can open these files
You can create multiple user accounts, each user has its own private bookmarks, filters, settings, etc.
iCab Mobile supports Dropbox. Export/Import bookmarks; transfer downloads, images, files, web pages to your Dropbox account.
– Configurable multi-touch gestures
– QuickStarter feature
– AirPrint support
– Browser ID (UserAgent) is configurable
– iCab Mobile fully supports international domain names (IDN – domain names with language-specific characters).
– Send (smaller) downloads via email
– Cookie Manager, lists all cookies, cookies can be deleted individually
– Private Browsing (no history and no cookies are stored)
– Privacy settings allows to delete all kinds of private data (history, cookies, databases, saved forms, passwords etc.)
– Option to pass the current web page to another App on the device which can open the page
– URL autocompletion based on bookmarks and/or history
– Simple built-in RSS reader
– Save images, whole web pages, PDF files
– Kiosk Mode – a restricted variation of the fullscreen mode for Kiosk environments.
– Addressbook support lets you access the web pages from the addressbook.
– When launching iCab can either open an empty page, the homepage or restore the Tabs which were open the last time
– Page-Compression is supported to save bandwith.
– There are different color schemes and designs
– Document Sharing lets you pass downloads and files to other Apps in the device
What’s New :
– Improved and much more complete support for AdBlockPlust/EasyList filters added. Now iCab Mobile supports not only the URL-based filters but also the CSS-based filters from the AdBlocPlus/EasyList filter lists. iCab Mobile also supports the special installation links for the official AbBlockPlus plugins of Desktop browsers, which are usually provided by web sites offering these filter filter lists. So you only need to tap on these links to directly install the provided filter lists. Also for updating the filters, just tap on the links again to update the filters. It can not be easier. The old method of installing the filter via Downoad Manager is still available, in case you get the filters from other sources or you want to edit the filters before installing them. When installing the AdBlock/EasyList filters, icab stores these in a separate group within the URL filters and the CSS filters, so you can easily locate, activate or deactivate these filters.
Please note: it is not recommended to use these AdBlock/EasyList filters on older iOS devices (like the iPhone 4, iPad 2 or iPad mini 1). These filter lists include an extremely large number of filters, which might cause speed and memory issues on these older devices.
– The CSS-based filters are reorganized. The old filter lists for CSS IDs and CSS classes are now replaced by filter lists for CSS selectors. The old ID and class-based filters will be automatically converted into the new CSS selector-based filters. The new filters are more powerful and also compatible with most of the AdBlock/Easylist filters. The new CSS filters are also organized in groups (like the URL-based filters), which makes it easier to enable or disable only certains ets of filters.
– Improved browser for pictures from the download manager.
– Added new toolbar icons for scrolling page-wise
– The brightness control will now also have an effect on popup windows and alertboxes.
– The lists with the URL and search suggestions and the search engines which are shown while entering an address or serach term in the URL/Search field will be now displayed on one or two columns depending of the available screen space
– There will be now additional keys attached to the URL keyboard on the iPhone as well, to make it easier to enter URLs. These additional keys will only appear if there’s enough space available (e.g. on iPhone 4/5 not in landscape orientation)
– Added a workaround for the missing « Copy » item in the text selection menu of iOS 9
– Bugfix: modules which would open a new window could fail in case the option to allow popup windows was disabled
– Bugfix: fixes an issue with the toolbars when switchin form fullscreen mode to normal mode on an iPhone when the status bar is twices as large as usual (for example while other devices are connected via personal hotspot)
– Bugfix: fixes a few issues with multi-touch gestures while the twin browser mode is enabled on the iPad
– Bugfix: fixes minor issues with the internal proxy settings