If you’re a heavy Office 365 user, then you’re probably a member of Microsoft’s other Insider program, Office Insider. The program offers up the latest bits for various versions of Office including Office 2016 for Windows and Mac and the various flavors of Office Mobile running around on mobile platforms. Today, Microsoft let us know that a new version of Office 2016 is available for Office Insiders running Apple’s OS X.
Here are the updates releasing in today’s February update:
– PowerPoint: Create seamless transitions between slides and bring motion to your presentations to more effectively convey concepts and information.
– Word, Excel, and PowerPoint: Use a command often and want quick access to it? Now you can add it to the top-left corner of the app window and customize the QAT to fit your needs.
– Outlook: You asked for it, so we brought it back. You can now use your trusty (Command-J) shortcut to forward a message.
The newest version is 15.19, and will show up if you’ve followed the steps to add your Mac installation of Office 2016 to the Office Insiders program. Open up an Office 2016 app, then Help, and then Check for Updates, and the Microsoft AutoUpdate app should go out and find the update for you. These updates will roll out to non-Insiders eventually, but of course, those of you brave enough to be Office Insiders will get them first.
In this story stream:
- New Excel 2016 update helps users make better business decisions…
- Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook now have a dark theme…
- Microsoft pushes Office 2016 for Windows desktop Insider Build 16.0.6366.2062
- Here’s everything new in Office 365 for January, including new…