We reported earlier this month that some lucky Lumia 950 XL owners were receiving a new firmware update that enables double tap to wake along with some other nifty fixes. Now, according to Windows Central and various other sources, the firmware update is rolling out to more uses in the U.S. and Canada.
Here’s the complete changelog for firmware version 01078.00053.16236.35xx:
- Wi-Fi connectivity improvements, including fixes for Wi-Fi connection dropping randomly and Wi-Fi scan occasionally not returning any results.
- Support for double tap to wake enabled.
- Bluetooth connectivity improvements.
- Stability and reliability improvements.
- Camera improvements, including improved image and video quality, improved Auto-focus and fix for a problem that was causing slow motion capture to skip frames for some users.
- Cellular connectivity improvements, including fix for a problem that caused occasional network loss for some users.
- Audio quality improvements, including fix for a problem that caused voice call audio to get scrambled for some users.
As always, you’ll need to be patient if the update doesn’t download immediately–Microsoft tends to stage these things. But once you do receive the update and get a chance to use it for awhile, let us know in the comments how it’s treating you.
With greeting of Winbeta.org