One of the easiest ways to learn how to play guitar is back with a remastered edition. Rocksmith announced earlier this year that it was revamping its 2014 iteration with some new music, organization features, and Dynamic Difficulty adjustments. Now the Rocksmith 2014 Edition Remastered has a launch date of October 4, 2016 for consoles and PC.
Rocksmith 2014 is a musical video game by Ubisoft that works with a real guitar as the controller. Players use electric or bass guitar to strum their way through lead, rhythm, or bass on various difficulties. Similar to the popular Guitar Hero, it has a long list of songs to jam out to. But Rocksmith stands out as more of a tutoring tool instead of just a game where songs are separated into lessons and track your ability to play guitar.
What has been updated for Remastered?
Remastered includes a major patch featuring a wide variety of improvements that we hope will be welcomed by new and experienced players alike.
· Manage your song library using updated Search, Sort, and Filter tools
· Search by artist or song name in Learn a Song, Score Attack, and the Shop—just enter the desired text with your keyboard or game controller
· Build custom Song Lists in Nonstop Play to group songs for personalized practice sessions
· Pause and navigate freely through entire tracks in Riff Repeater, and loop phrases more efficiently
· View all song arrangements from the improved Song Hub, and launch directly into any of them without changing paths
· Filter your Nonstop Play list by tuning, and switch between all available arrangements between songs
· Customize the rate of Dynamic Difficulty adjustments, or disable the feature altogether
· Track your progress with detailed in-game player statistics
Owners of Rocksmith 2014 will be receiving the update for free. This includes all platforms that it was released on: PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PC, and Mac. The patch is slated to be released in the fall but the FAQ released by Ubisoft doesn’t state if it will be before or on the exact same date as the official release.
The main difference between the new copy of Rocksmith 2014 and the free patch would be the six new songs. As an incentive for new players, the following songs will be available for free:
- Bob Marley & The Wailers – Three Little Birds
- Elvis Presley – Suspicious Minds
- FUN. – Some Nights
- Jackson 5 – I Want You Back
- Outkast – Hey Ya!
- Train – Drops Of Jupiter
For those that update with the patch, the songs will be available as a DLC purchase. Have more questions? Check out the official FAQ released by Ubisoft.
With greeting of Winbeta.org