Adult Swim Games is preparing a new ToeJam & Earl game for Xbox One, Xbox One S, and Windows 10 PC. Set to release in sometime in 2017, ToeJam & Earl: Back in the Groove will refresh the almost 25-year-old Sega Genesis franchise. From the look of the ToeJam & Earl teaser trailer, besides enhanced graphics and music, it looks like the Adult Swim Game hasn’t changed all that much from the original series.
ToeJam & Earl: Back in the Groove brings the extraterrestrial duo back to Earth to deal with humans as they piece together and repair their Rapmaster Rocketship. On Steam, developer Humanature Studios and Adult Swim Games detail the idea behind Back in the Groove with the list of available features:
“Back in the Groove is a mash-up of the very best features from the classic console games (that’s one and two, y’all), with a pile of new features thrown in. The goal is to give old skool TJ & E fans a pure blast of funky nostalgia, and give new players a taste of the light-hearted, co-op play that is TJ & E.”
Back in the Groove will have a number of new features, including:
- Nine playable characters including: TJ and E, Latisha, Lewanda, GeekJam, Peabo, and Earl’s mom, Flo.
- Randomly generated stacked levels, just like game one, but now you can see down!Lots of secret locations (yes level 0 is there too!), and new terrain types.
- A TON of funky music. 13 remakes of old favorite songs and 13 new songs in the same old skool funky style.
- A dynamic split-screen for couch co-op play, as well as online play – supports up to 4 players!
- Randomly generated, improved Hyperfunk Zone allows for multi-player co-op too!
- A huge number of new presents, Earthlings, player character stats, character-specific dialogue, permanent power-hats, and many features that enhance cooperative play and make this the best Toejam and Earl yet!
No details are available yet on anything different in the Xbox version, but stay tuned and we’ll keep you informed.
With greeting of Winbeta.org