If you’re an Office Insider, you’ve got a brand new bag of goodies headed your way. Office Insider update 17.7369 is live, bringing with it several new features and adjustment to make sure that Office users get an even smoother experience going forward. Changes to Excel and Word Mobile are sprinkled throughout the update, but it’s dominated by a ton of improvements to OneNote. With the new update, you’ll be able to easily embed content into OneNote, add alternated text to photos, share files, and more.
Here’s what’s new this month, straight from Microsoft’s forum post:
- Open more file types in Excel Mobile Open files that contain ActiveX controls or files containing text and web queries on your Windows 10 tablet or phone.
- Export to PDF with Word Mobile Save your document in a widely sharable format that preserves layout, formatting, fonts and images.
- New text highlighter in OneNote for Windows tablet Grab the new highlighter and select text that’s important to draw attention to.
- New clear formatting option in OneNote Now you can remove all that is bold, italicized, underlined, purple or in 18 points. Lucida Sans formatting is just one click away.
- Embed more content with OneNote Paste a link to an Office 365 Video or Microsoft Form, now interact with it directly on the page.
- Share photos or files from other apps in OneNote Use the Share button in any app to send photos or files to your OneNote.
- Add alternative text to pictures in OneNote Make your pictures accessible to screen readers by adding alternative text.
- Try out new designs in OneNote on Windows tablet We’ve made some changes to help you get around your notes. Check them out by turning on “Settings > Enable Experimental Features” and let us know what you think!
- Help shape the future of Office today Become an Office Insider to get early access to all things new in Office. Click Windows Settings> Update and Security> Windows Insider Program to learn more.
If these aren’t particularly exciting to you, just wait a while longer until the next update – Office Insiders have always got something interesting on the horizon. If you aren’t already an Office Insider, you can grab the updates fairly easily as long as you’re already a part of the Windows Insider program. Check out Microsoft’s forum post to get some more details on that.
With greeting of Winbeta.org